We asked Chris from Hockeytutorial to do an honest comparison video between our ICE and ONE model. We were so impressed that we decided to give 15% OFF bundle orders when you use HTKNOWS at checkout.
See his full thoughts & blog below!
The below is taken from Chris's blog on HockeyTutorial.com
We’ve featured Hockey Wrap Around (Hockey Stick Protector) several times in the past sharing all the details on the different steel/metal models they’ve released. Most recently, Hockey Wrap Around (HWA) announced a new model made from “privately formulated plastic” that would be named “Wrap Around ICE”. The ICE model featured an entirely new design with some exciting new benefits.
- Privately formulated plastic for maximum durability and flexibility
- Extremely light! Approximately 39 grams
- Fits both left and right handed sticks
- Fits senior, intermediate and junior sticks (cuts to conform)
- Completely Slap Shot ready when taped
- Comes in white or black
- Enhances the surface you are playing on
- Replicates the feel of on-ice stickhandling ANYWHERE
- Extends the life of your stick
Their formula is a close company secret just like Colonel Sanders special KFC recipe.
At a glance, it would appear that the ICE model is intended for speed while the ONE model is for weighted use. HWA have actually created the ONE with the intension of it being a strength building training aid while the ICE is to enable players to practice and play hockey anywhere without the fear of ruining their expensive composite sticks.
The significants of understanding each products purpose reveals that players should strongly consider both as their primary choice. The ICE and ONE go hand in hand allow players to get more of a complete off ice training experience.